- $500 signing bonus
- Competitive Salary
- Health and dental insurance
- Free wellness screenings and flu shots
- $1200 annual matching contribution to retirement savings plan
- Paid emergency and personal leave days
- Free access to health coaching, mental health counseling,
financial management services, and reduced-cost legal services through
New Directions Employee Assistance Plan
- Experienced teachers are paid for all years of accreditied
experience and educational attainment and are allowed to bring in up to
10 days of sick leave from their former school district.
Current beginning salary for a certified teacher
|B.S. Degree, Step 0
|M.S. Degree, Step 0
|ED.S. Degree, Step 0
Garden City USD #457 offers a competitive salary schedule based upon
education and experience. Supplemental pay is given to teachers who
take on additional responsibilities such as coaching, club sponsor,
academic department head, curriculum writing, and other assignments.
Benefits offered through IRC Section 125 "Cafeteria" Fringe Benefit Plan:
- Health Insurance-Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
(single membership paid by the district)
- Group Term Life Insurance, not to exceed $50,000
- Cancer /Dread Disease Insurance
Emergency Leave-Garden City USD #457's leave policy for
employees include sick leave and personal leave. All teachers on
regular contracts begin the school year with ten days of emergency leave
and two days of personal leave. Emergency leave is accruable from year
to year up to a maximum of 100 days for teachers on a regular contract.
An illness and disability bank is available to eligible teachers for
use in case of extended illness or injury in qualifying circumstances.
Retirement Plan-Employees participate in the Kansas Public Employees Retirement Plan (KPERS) and the Federal Social Security Plan.