Breakfast: 7:30 AM
School Starts: 8:00 AM
Lunch: 11:20 AM
Dismissal: 3:03 PM
Kenneth Henderson Middle School Announces Honor Roll
Kenneth Henderson Middle School has recently announced its honor roll for seventh and eighth grade students for the fall semester of the 2013-2014 school year. The honor roll includes:
A Honor Roll
Seventh Grade: Eresay Alcantar-Velasquez, Danielle N. Bachman, Kathryn Chandler, Ruben A. Gutierrez, Judy D. Klassen, Reegan M. Landgraf, Tram T. Pham, Caitlyn L. Rude, Aaron F. Schafer, Ruby Solorzano, Fatima Vital and Ryleigh R. Whitehurst.
Eighth Grade: Allyson Becker, Reigan Crawford, Amanda Currie, Lawson Lam, Alexis Powell, Amanda M. Powers, Megan A. Powers, Lindsey A. Richmeier, Anna K. Roth, Adisyn Swan and Elizabeth L. Unruh.
A – B Honor Roll
Seventh Grade: Angel Grijalva, Kenia Martinez-Paez, Jaclyn K. Perkins, Jenasea J. Robins, Jenny N. Tran, Leorenz Andrei P. Altamirano, Sarah E. Arrieta, Nancy Avalos-Medina, Salvador Bustos, Erykah Foster, Alexzander C. Herrera, Ryan Jarmer, Joel Johannes, Lauren L. Koster, Hunter Longoria, Daisy Marin, Maria I. Morales, Abby L. Oller, Jazmin Orozco, Garrett C. Smith, Taylor B. Sullivan, Jager R. Vargas, Ahtziri Hernandez-Cortes, Aaron Borunda, Vianey Rivera, Crystal Romero-Diaz, Austin L. Roth, Raul E. Avila, Lucelena Diaz, Alexander L. Elchuck, Darby Schneider, Melanie D. Sigala, Elier Arreola-Lugo, Brissa Ensastegui, Michael E. Lager and Baldomero Marquez III.
Eighth Grade: Kaitlyn A. Chappel, Brenda J. Douglas, Tia J. Dunsworth, Brooke L. Navarro, Kade T. Brennaman ,Lance Allred, Javier D. Cervantes, Rochelle N. Davidson, Garret J. Doll, Mya N. Navarro, Jonathan E. Ochampaugh, Raul J. Tornero, Yoana Chairez, Gonzalo J. Alcantar, Giselle Benitez, Noely Cervantes-Cortes, Genesis J. Contreras, Brandon A. Martinez, Brenda Resendiz, Rafael Uribe Olivares, Emily M. Arrieta, Josephine A. Calzonetti, Deborah R. Crouch, Sandra Guzman, Andrew Yi, Madison Bellows, Berenice Dominguez, Carmen J. Acosta and Adela M. Benitez-Hernandez, Kaj Perez, Andrew Galpin.
Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook!
Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook!
Track practice will be over by 4:15 pm on
Thursday, April 17.
Congratulations to the KHMS March 2014
Students of the Month!
Jenasea Robins, Marina Loya, Omar Chairez-Guerrero & Miguel Ramos
Congratulations to our March Staff Members of the Month: Rachel Acker & Susan LaCounte!
CONGRATULATIONS to our very own ALEX KONING & SUMMER MILLER winners of this year's Crystal Apple Award for excellence in teaching!
KH Day of Awareness - April 18
On Friday, April 18, KHMS will have a day of awareness of many health and safety topics. Students and teachers will be grouped together and will travel to 8 different presentations or activities throughout the day. We will follow the normal bell schedule and lunch will be served at the normal times. Here are the brief descriptions of each presentation or activity:
- Kickball with Coach Goble and Coach Weaver: Students will play kickball to get in some much needed physical activity.
- What You Need To Know About High School Now: A high school counselor, high school principal and some high school students from GCHS will present a session about what you should know about high school for middle school students.
- Internet Safety Presentation with Officer Unruh: Students will learn the consequences of irresponsible choices when using social media, the Internet, and cell phones.
- STD presentation with Nurse Kandi Arwine & Charles Kressbach: Students will learn the risks and consequences associated with unprotected sexual activity.
- Yoga & Kagan Teambuilding with Michelle Wells and Christine Neeb
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention with Detectives from GCPD: Students will learn what resources are available in Finney County that can help them if they are being abused or if they know someone who is being abused. They will also learn about how to protect themselves from becoming a victim of abuse.
- Eating for Optimal Health and Performance with Tracy Johnson: Overview of how proper nutrition promotes the optimal growth and development of middle school students. We will also discuss the consequences of a nutritionally poor diet.
- Positive Mental Attitude & Health with Mandy Fritz: Students will participate in a couple of activities designed to show the importance of a positive outlook on life and how to achieve positivity in your life regardless of your circumstances.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Principal Glenda LaBarbera or Associate Principal Charlie Stillian at 805-8500.
Breakfast with Books will take place at 7:30 a.m. on April 17th in the Library.
Book Club - Next Meeting is April 17
During the 4th quarter this school year, students are invited to join Book Club which will be reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Book Club will meet on Thursdays during lunch in the library.
Bring in Box Tops!
Don’t Forget about Box Tops! Our spring deadline is past, but we can still earn money for next year by submitting box tops. Students, continue collecting and bringing in your Box Tops to help us raise money for Pride Side. Box Tops can be submitted to Mrs. Maynard in the front office.
© 2014 Garden City Public Schools